A safe place to dispose of unused and expired prescription medications.
Can be accepted:
- Prescription meds, including prescribed controlled substances (DEA Schedule II– V);
- Over-the-counter meds/vitamins
- Liquid meds (small amounts in original, non-leaking containers).
- Medicated patches (Used Fentanyl and Duragesic® patches are extremely hazardous. They may be folded in half, sticky-side together, and flushed down the toilet.)
- Medicated ointments
- Pet meds
- Unused drug injection cartridges,
e.g. unused EpiPens® and insulin pens (must be unused with needle still protected inside).
Unused inhaler canisters, e.g. Advair®, Spiriva®, ProAir® and Ventolin® (must be unused, no empty canisters or unneeded plastic holders/mouth pieces).
Cannot be accepted:
- Illicit drugs (e.g. DEA Schedule I drugs like heroin, LSD, etc).
- Needles, syringes, and other sharps.
- Chemotherapy drugs.
- Medical tools and supplies.
- Bloody or infectious waste.
- Personal care products